Next week team OER Hub will be Westward bound as we head to Cardiff, Wales for OER15!
This year’s conference is focused on “Mainstreaming Open Education” and will be held at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama on Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 April. Keynotes include Cable Green, Sheila MacNeill, Josie Fraser and our very own Martin Weller.
With six conference tracks (including Impact Research, OEP and Policy and Open Education in Schools and Colleges) and no less than seven parallel sessions including workshops and panel presentations happening simultaneously there’s plenty to check out. Head on over to the conference schedule for an overview and the abstracts for talks.
We’re also excited to be participating in several sessions across the conference:
Tuesday 14 April
- Get a double dose of Hub goodness with Bea debuting the latest findings from our impact research PLUS Beck talking about whether openness can improve the quality of open research at 14.00 (716 & 717 in Room 0.18 Ground Floor, Main Building)
- Or… if you’re feeling more philosophical, head to Studio 2, First Floor, Main Building at 14.00 to hear Rob on Openness and Ethics (727).
Wednesday 15 April
- At 10.00 Rob will be introducing the HbZ led OER World Map project (750, Weston, Anthony Hopkins Centre)
- A bit later in the morning at 11.30 Bea will be presenting a deep-dive on non-English speakers’ use of OER (719, Room 0.18 Ground Floor, Main Building)
- Whilst over in Studio 2 Gary will be exploring creativity and openness in relation to project management (711, First Floor, Main Building, 11.30)
We’ll be tweeting and blogging from the conference and will be making our presentations available on Slideshare shortly afterwards. Hope to see you in Cardiff!